Saturday, November 6, 2010

You want me to blog?!?!

Fine, I'm writing a damn blog, but I'll have you know that I am taking precious time out of my rigorous research schedule just to entertain you. I hope you appreciate it.

There have been two fun occurrences in the last month that are worth mentioning. The first is that I went to a concert of and got to meet Hasna el Becharia, an Algerian Gnawa singer and guembri player who is one of my idols. The show was great and she was a gracious interviewee, despite not being told beforehand that anyone was coming to interview her.




The other fun event was, you guessed it, food-related. Charlie and I had lunch at Café Constant in the Eiffel Tower neighborhood. Our appetizer was endive soup with scallops and it was to die for, of course.

My entree: Langostine en papillote with basmati rice

Cha's entree: Quail with lentils

Waiting for the bus back home (a.k.a. the study den):
Cha is spying on me.

Sun and Seine

Cha is unsure.

That's better.

Today we desperately attempted to have some fun by visiting the Musée d'Histoire de la Médicine, located in one of the buildings belonging to the University of Paris medical school. Unfortunately, the slacker in charge of opening the museum in the timely manner did not show, much to our own dismay, as well as to half a dozen other people. Oh well, the building itself was kind of interesting. It would be worth going back someday... after calling ahead.

Dramatic scenes like this one and countless busts and statues line the walls.

A fancy hall with a penis-wielding statue in the distance

Kid in a candy store

Fun with macabre sculptures!

But really, it was a nice sculpture.

And now, for two illustrations of just how busy, overwhelmed and uncreative we are capable of being at the moment:




Now I expect all of my readers to do me the favor of reading my schoolbooks and writing coherent reports thereafter. Thank you and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Languages die? uhhh... errr.... sounds fascinating..? But of course your enthusiasm regarding the subject is riveting!! ha ha! :-)
    your blogs are great! keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

If you comment using the "Anonymous" option, please leave your name so I know who you are!