Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Real Life? Booooooooring!

A good friend of mine (thanks, Colin) suggested that I should make a movie about my regular life, such as grad school, instead of just my free time. Well, I started making that documentary and realized that in order to do it correctly and have it be interesting at all, it would have to be long. Not only that, but I don't feel I can give an accurate account of my grad school experience when I'm only 4 weeks into it. So far it has consisted of lots and lots of reading. I'm reading about a book a week. So, rest assured that I'm working on telling you about my day-to-day life as a student via documentary... you just may not see it until next year after I graduate.

So, in addition to all the reading I've been doing and all the Cordon Bleu food I have been eating, there hasn't been too much going on. Last weekend some classmates and I went to see the Algerian singer Khaled in concert. He is like the Michael Jackson of Algeria and I was as excited to see him as I was about New Kids on the Block when I was 10 years old. It was a good night.

The girls and their pre-show falafels.

Cheb Khaled

Joy!

The only other fun I have managed to have in the last couple of weeks was another outing to a park with Charlie, this time to Parc des Buttes-Chaumont in the 19th Arrondissement (east of where we live).


Tomorrow we're hosting our first get-together at our apartment. Should be interesting trying to squeeze a dozen or so people into that little space. I'll tell you all about it next time.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, loved this episode of smoking in the park! Elsie and Delia enjoyed the ducks, especially when they kept dunking under water!

    Good luck with your get-together! Cozy is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelente video mi chola amiga! jijijiji.... ayyy que me rei!! jajajaja (y aun me rio!!) cuack!
    Saludos y cuidense esos pulmones!

    Monica Z

    ReplyDelete

If you comment using the "Anonymous" option, please leave your name so I know who you are!