Friday, April 23, 2010

I seriously love South Korea

At this very moment it is 2:17 AM on Friday in Seattle.  Our journey began at 10:00 on Thursday in Seattle and we are not even all the way there yet.  Currently we are sitting in the glamorous Incheon International Airport just outside of Seoul, South Korea.  As we were coming in for our landing, I was looking out the window wondering if I would recognize North Korea if I saw it.  If I did indeed see it, I didn't recognize it.


This is the nicest airport I have ever been in (and I have been in a few).  It took us less than 5 minutes to get off of the plane after we landed and we were through security and at our next gate within 15.  Also, if you ever get a chance, fly on Korean Air.  This is the nicest airline I have ever flown on... economy, of course. I brought along 3 books and 700 songs to listen to and didn't even partake in any of them because Korean air kept me so well entertained the whole time with movies, video games, interactive maps, etc.

Charlie is staying connected in Incheon.

The only bad thing about our flight was the Worst Child in the World who we saw hitting his mother and, just after dinner service when everyone really wanted to sleep, he began screaming his ABC's.  When his parents would shush him he would just scream louder.  I wanted to slap all three of them silly.

We have one more hour-long flight to go before we are in Beijing.  This is my first trip there and I am anxious to explore.  Charlie is looking forward to re-living some childhood memories from when his family was posted there.  We are exhausted, to say the least, but happy.  It is now time to board.  Will update again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so excited to watch your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! where else are you going?
    when are you coming back?
    i will follow your blog! <3 safe and wonderful travels to you both!!

    ReplyDelete

If you comment using the "Anonymous" option, please leave your name so I know who you are!