Wednesday, August 25, 2010

... but everything is tall compared to me.

On Wednesday, Charlie and I decided to get up early and see the big monuments: The Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. Considering what a zoo these sites already were when we got to them around 9:00 AM, I would not advise visiting them any later in the day.

The only way I could get a picture of the whole thing was by standing across the street from it.


There was the biggest flag I have ever seen in the middle.


Hubba hubba

We walked down Avenue de Champs-Élysées for a while and found that Charlie had his very own building.

I was already whining about my feet at this point, which were hurting from our previous day's outing, so we headed back to the metro and made our way over to the Eiffel Tower.

Looking up her skirt

We decided not to go up the tower because it was expensive and there was already a two-hour wait to do it, even at that early hour. Instead we walked under her and onto a large grassy area adjacent to the site in order to get a few pictures. 


We didn't stay long because we were being hit up by swarms of people selling souvenirs or just pan-handling. As we wandered around in search of food, I happened upon these colorful scooters:


We found a cafe nearby to have breakfast and coffee. It was, of course, ridiculously overpriced because it was so close to a popular tourist destination, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

Tartines - essentially a baguette with pizza toppings. Yummy!

My foot was so done by this point that we just headed back home where I relaxed all afternoon instead of going to French class.

F. U.

Up next: Botanical gardens, birds, boats and bunnies.

2 comments:

  1. GASP! You skipped school!? Shame on you! Your poor feet.....
    Keith

    ReplyDelete

If you comment using the "Anonymous" option, please leave your name so I know who you are!