Wednesday, October 4, 2006

It's the "Spain Isn't Just Pretty Scenery" Photo Bloopers Edition!

These photos are evidence that we do plenty of screwing around and just being plain silly here.  If we don't stick out because of our clothes or our nasty habit of speaking English, then we do just because we tend to be goofy.


This is the view from the terrace outside my bedroom door.  Jealous?


This is what we do on the terrace.


But we also study here.  Yes, it takes this much concentration just to read Borges in Spanish.  I can't imagine the faces I made while trying to translate it.


Jackie appears to be opining.


Posing as a professional photographer in Iznatoraf.


I'm don't remember what example of medieval architecture David was pointing out here but judging by our faces it appears to be a serious, or in my case terrifying thing.  Iznatoraf.


Relaxing in Castellar - there was absolutely nothing else to do since it was a local holiday and the city was practically abandoned.


No wonder the few locals that were still around in the city wouldn't talk to us - we look like we're in love.  Castellar.


It wasn't enough that we braved the hill in Santisteban up to the ruined castle; I felt compelled to race the Frugoneta to the top.  As you can see, I lost.


"Yeah, I walked up here - what's it to you?"


Thanks, I'd rather walk on this ledge than go down the hill at that angle.


Kate is hot, and oh so ladylike.


Even after a long day gallivanting around the province we still clean up nice.


The fair in Úbeda.  It ends today, thank God!  Next week there is a fair in Jaén so we get to look forward to Úbeda being abandoned for that, instead of overcrowded for it's own fair.


Varying levels of enthusiasm about the fair.

The only news worth mentioning this week:  I'm translating the website for the Flamenco school here in exchange for free singing lessons and possibly some money too, depending on the size of the project.  Oh yeah, and I'm going to Switzerland in December with the girls - a little ski village outside Geneva called Torgon.

Quote of the week:  "Those girls totally look like hookers.  But they're not; they're just girls." - Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment using the "Anonymous" option, please leave your name so I know who you are!